- These Terms and Conditions apply to the following services provided by the Controller through the Website www.spanishinandalusia.com
- searching for and obtaining information, free of charge, about language schools in Andalusia and the courses they offer,
- establishing contact with Partners regarding Partners’ offers displayed on the Website.
- The Website has been set up for informational and promotional purposes. The Website does not sell the courses, nor does it act as an intermediary in selling them.
- Each User is obliged to read these Terms and Conditions before using the Website.
- These Terms and Conditions are made available free of charge via the Website in a form that enables its downloading, recording and printing.
- The User is obliged to use the Website in a manner consistent with the law and good practice, bearing in mind the respect of personal interests and intellectual property rights of third parties, including in particular the rights of the Operator and the Website Owner.
- If it is found that the User violates the above obligations, the Operator has the right to take legal action leading to remedy the resulting damage suffered and to stop the User from committing infringements in the future.
The terms used in these Terms and Conditions shall have the following meaning:
- Website – the www.spanishinandalusia.com website.
- Website Owner – Agencia Andaluza de Promoción Exterior S.A., Marie Curie 5, Isla de la Cartuja, 41092, Seville, Spain (hereinafter referred to as “Extenda”) (“Owner”).
- Website Operator – the processor of personal data entrusted by Extenda, Agencia Andaluza de Promoción Exterior S.A. The following company acts as the Website Operator of www.spanishinandalusia.com: Extenda Canada with its registered office in 430 Rue Ste. Hélène, Montréal, QC (hereinafter referred to as the “Operator”).
- Website User – any natural or legal person or organizational unit without legal personality, using the Website according to the Terms and Conditions
- Partner – language schools and natural or legal persons or organizational units without legal personality, which have concluded a cooperation agreement with the Website Owner in the scope of promotion of services offered by them.
- Offer – a Partner’s proposal concerning the services it offers, received by the User after filling in the contact form.
- Contact form – a form available on the web page of www.spanishinandalusia.com, which enables the User, after entering their name and e-mail address, to contact the Partner directly.
- Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions is tantamount to concluding an agreement for the provision of services by electronic means.
- The cessation of use of the Website means termination of the agreement for the provision of services by means.
- In order to use the Website fully and correctly, the following minimum technical requirements must be met on the User’s side:
- a device with Internet access,
- an active email account (email).
- In order to use the Website correctly, it is required to enable Cookies in your web browser. It is then possible to delete them via the appropriate options available in your web browser or other software.
4.TYPES AND SCOPE OF SERVICES OFFERED BY THE WEBSITE
- The User has the possibility to use the following services available on the Website:
- accessing materials collected in connection with the functioning of the Website,
- searching for language course offers from Andalusia and Partner information,
- contacting the representative of the Website Owner or Partner.
- The services referred to in paragraphs 1(a) to (b) above shall be provided free of charge.
- The performance of the Service referred to in paragraph 1(a) above shall take place upon entering the relevant Website address by the User in their web browser. The use of the Service by the User is anonymous.
- The provision of the Service referred to in paragraph 1(b) shall be enabled by means of filling out the application form available on the Website by the User, including consenting to the processing of the User’s personal data in order for the Service to be provided. The consent is given by clicking the “Send” button. The answer to the application will be sent to the e-mail address indicated by the User. Until the form is completed, the use of the Service by the User is anonymous.
- The User can use the language school search engine (School Catalogue) and information about Partners.
- The User can limit the school search results by selecting the parameters that are of interest to them, such as course types, accreditations and others available in the search engine.
- OPERATOR LIABILITY
The Operator is only responsible for its own content on the web page.
- The Operator makes every effort to ensure that the content published on the Website is reliable and helpful; however, it does not bear any responsibility for the consequences of actions taken on the basis of such content.
- The information published by the Operator on the Website is updated on an ongoing basis, as far as it is technically possible.
- The Operator reserves the right to change the Internet offer, supplement, shorten or withdraw it completely.
- The pages of the Website may also contain links, materials and presentations containing references to third party websites. The use of these websites (and in particular the products or services offered on their pages) is not an element of the service provided by the Website Owner, and the rules of such use are determined by relevant third parties. The Website Owner is not responsible for the conditions and consequences of using these websites or for their content, unless otherwise stipulated by mandatory provisions of law.
- The Operator asks for immediate notification if the User, using the links placed on the web page, is directed to addresses presenting content that is not compliant with the law, the provisions of the Terms and Conditions or is unrelated to the profile of the website. Such links will be deleted immediately.
- The rights to all information, content, forms, photographs, graphics and software available on or through the Website (jointly referred to as “Content”) are reserved for the Website Owner, the Operator or authorized companies and persons.
- Any use of the Website or any of its elements that are unlawful or contrary to good practice or violates the rights of third parties is prohibited. It is also forbidden to copy, modify, multiply or distribute in any form the content of the Website except in cases permitted by law.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
If you cannot, or will not, provide us with the personal information we reasonably require, we may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
“Personal Data” is information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified, such as for example:
- Name and contact details (e.g. postal and email address, telephone number)
- Profile information (e.g. user name, profile picture or social media account ID)
- Social Security number
- Country of residence
- Birth date
- Technical information, e.g. screen name, IP address, browser and device data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, server log file data, app usage data and location data
- Preferences (e.g. shopping and browsing habits, preferred educational courses)
- Company or school name and address
- Credit and debit card number and/or checking account and routing numbers
- Passport number and/or driver’s license number
- Medical condition (e.g. allergies or illness)
How do we collect Personal Data?
We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways:
- Directly from you: Information is collected directly from you, either by you providing the information directly to us or you acting in a manner that provides us with the information, for example:
- Offline: We collect Personal Data from you offline, for example when you contact customer service, enroll in a product or service or provide information to us in writing.
- Through links. We track and collect information about how users interact with links across products and services, including through email and links made available through third party services.
- From other sources. We may receive your Personal Data from other sources, such as public databases; licensed databases from third parties; joint marketing partners such as marketing agencies or providers of software and services for digital marketing automation and analytics; social media platforms, including but not limited to; Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Musically, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and messenger services such as WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected with on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
How do we use Personal Data?
- Your Personal Data will be processed by Extenda for customer service, administrative services or as otherwise necessary to perform the contract between you and us or as further described in this policy.
We may also use Personal Data:
- For statistical purposes, calculating usage levels, and helping diagnose server problems with the Extenda Services as well as to ensure that the Extenda Services function properly.
- To allow you to contact and be contacted by other users through Extenda, as permitted by the applicable service or product.
- To analyze and improve our offers by identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and tailoring the Extenda services experience and content based on your past activities on the Extenda services.
- To provide you with personalized location-based services and content through the use of your device’s physical location. For example, you will be redirected to the local spanishinadalucia.com website in your language if your device indicates that you are browsing from that country.
How do we share Personal Data?
- We share your Personal Data with our corporate affiliates, business partners and service providers both within and outside the U.S. and Canada:
- Business partners are for example local sales agents that promote the sales of our services in your country of residence; transportation or accommodation providers in your destination country; or course leaders, activity leaders or other contractors for management of any of our programs; or a travel insurance company that prepares the travel insurance for you.
- Service providers, such as providers of IT systems, for example for managing customer relations or payments, scheduling classes or storing learning results; or providers of software and services for digital marketing automation and analytics.
- We also share Personal Data as we believe to be necessary: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions or a contract; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We use appropriate organizational, technical and administrative measures to keep the Personal Data under our control accurate and up-to-date, as well as to protect the Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and the accidental loss, destruction or damage of the Personal Data.
Unsubscribe from email marketing
To respect the privacy of our users, you may choose not to receive commercial emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the commercial emails we send you. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still email you regarding your account and your transactions.
Third Party Sites
If you are under the age of 13
If you are under the age of 13, you should review this text together with your parent or guardian to make sure you both understand it. We are not responsible for checking your age but sometimes we still do verification checks. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us. If we learn that you are under the age of 13 and that we have collected information about you without consent from your parent or guardian, we will delete the information as soon as possible and you will not be able to use Extenda Services
Special notice to California residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to request and receive from us, once per year and free of charge, information about the personal information we have disclosed (if any) to third parties for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to canada(at)extenda.es including the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, and provide us with your name, postal address and email address.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to the email address listed below including the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights. California residents have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verified consumer request, we will disclose to you: (i) the categories of personal information we collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you; (iii) our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information; (v) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request); (vi) if we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing any sales (identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased) and disclosures for a business purpose (identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained).
- Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verified consumer request, we will delete (and direct any service providers to delete) your personal information from our records unless an exception applies, which may include but is not limited to information needed: (i) to complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you; (ii) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; (iii) enable solely internal uses that are reasonable aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us; (iv) comply with a legal obligation; and (v) make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at: Miami.firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verified consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and (ii) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us properly to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot response to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make a request.
- Response Timing and Format. We endeavour to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without issue. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
- The User may lodge complaints on matters related to the Services provided under these Terms and Conditions.
- Complaints can be made:
(a) electronically, to the address: canada(at)extenda.es
(b) in writing, to the address: Extenda Canada, 430 Rue Ste. Hélène, Montréal, QC, H2Y 2K7
- The complaint will be dealt with within 30 days from the date of its receipt in writing or by any other durable medium or by e-mail – at the request of the person making the complaint.
- The complaint letter should contain a description of the grounds for the complaint and the following data of the complainant:
- name and surname,
- contact telephone number,
- mailing address (e-mail address possible).
- FINAL PROVISIONS
- The Operator makes every effort to ensure the proper functioning of the Website; however, the Operator does not guarantee that the Website will operate correctly at any time.
- Materials or information published on the Website do not constitute an offer within the meaning of the Civil Code unless it is explicitly stated so.
- The Operator reserves the right to close down the Website, without providing reasons.
- In case of any objections to the operation of the Website, the user may report them to the Operator by sending an e-mail to the address: canada(at)extenda.es
- These Terms and Conditions are effective as of the date: 09/15/2021
- The Operator reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes shall become effective upon their publication on the Website.